15.3.10

Baby Frankensteins: Over the Moon

Here goes nothing. Track one for your previewing pleasure.

(Going through Youtube with corny pictures is the only way I can get these mp3s on my blog, so...)
Over the Moon
By far my best work, I think. At least the most catchy. My dear friends Dan and Ben were so inspired by this they asked to be part of it. Playing guitar on this track is Dan, and the harmonica is Ben. Please be aware that the harmonica really belts in at the end because, remember? It's not mixed. So don't let it startle you.

This is my carpe diem song. It's about not wasting time, not wasting life. Having attitude because it makes things more exciting. Never holding grudges. Being natural. Going for it.

And no, I'm not Jewish. I don't know why the "yi di di di's."

In the blink of an eye it's over with
Best get that trip to the clear blue water over with
And they say that it's all in a day
Look at him, he's got nothing to say
I could fill up a book--but I'll say
That it's time to jump over the moon
And it is time to jump over the moon
Good night, good luck, and goodbye
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're full of it
Seconds tick by--if it was me, I'd be so over it
I'm gonna dance like I don't even care
Never wear any shoes, and never do my hair
Do what you want--I say it's all fair
And it's time to jump over the moon
And it's time to jump over the moon
Good night, good luck, and goodbye
Does it feel? Does it feel like it's closing in?
You on the house and you up on the hill
Say what you want, or sleep and be still
Well, I'm gonna sing until I've had my fill
And it's time to jump over the moon
And it's time to jump over the moon
Good night, good luck, and goodbye

2 comments:

Crystal said...

MY FAVORITE!

Jessica Martiele said...

Okay, so you totally had me all prepped for Jewish Sabbatht-time music there. Yeah, no worries, I didn't get that at all. :)

Anyway, holy cow, lady. Love the folksy feel, right off the bat. No one uses a harmonica anymore, and no, it's not mixed, but it wasn't jarring, either. In fact, if anything, it needs more cowbell. (I'm telling ya, you're gonna want that cowbell in there!)

Beautifully done, lovingly captured, and it feels very much like I'm sitting around a fire in an open meadow with friends, one of whom sings like an angel and felt inspired to belt something out when her friends picked up their homemade instruments. It is warm, fun, almost jovial, and makes you want to embrace the world.

It is also the MOST unique of your songs, imparting a sense of YOU. The only person whose work I think of when I listen to this is Lindsay. I love that. I could sit and listen to a reprise for hours while I watched my kids dance under the moonshine. (Not, not under the influence of Moonshine, thank you. Should I have said starshine?) Anyway, this is totally, authentically Lindsay, and I absolutely love it. Masterful. Congrats again, lady. You are well on your way.