31.12.11

A New Year's Song For You

Shoddy recording, shoddy acoustics, shoddy lighting in my dungeon of a room... But have a happy crossing over from 2011 to 2012.

Edit: Shitballs, the audio is way off. I'll leave it up for those of you who hate me and want to laugh at me making a fool of myself. The rest of you can just turn it up and walk away from the screen. Oh, my giant teeth!

I lost 55 pounds in 2011. I don't plan on finding anything in 2012 but bikinis, short shorts, and triathlons.

I did find perspective in 2011. I don't plan on losing that anytime soon.

Wake me up when New Year's Eve is through
Ring your bells and blow your whistles, too
The next one hundred days will be the best
But they don't pass the test without you
Crowds of people laughing everywhere
Me pretending that I do not care
The past one hundred days, they flew by
And it's sad to say goodbye
But without you, it's hardly a new year
Maybe next year you'll be here
Baby, let's make this the best year
Wake me up when New Year's Eve is through
I'd rather stay in bed than struggle through
The next one hundred days will get their start
We both know they'll break my heart
But without you, it's hardly a new year
Maybe next year you'll be here
Baby, let's make this the best year
Wake me up when New Year's Eve is through
Wake me up when I'm waking up next to you


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big teeth are good-- they mean you have a big, bright smile...people with small teeth look like rodents.

Me said...

I will never understand why you shred yourself the way you do: big teeth, "bad recording," yadayada. I would absolutely KILL to have your voice...your creativity...your talent...your abilities...did I mention your voice?! Gee whiz, lady. Do us both a favor and stop pooping on your near-perfection. You're light years ahead of everyone else. New Years Rez for Lindz: humbly admit that you freaking ROCK. ;) Love ya! Jess <3