15.3.10

Baby Frankensteins: Come


Come
This song is just over a minute long, and I always wanted to use it as an interlude from the more happy songs on the album to the darker, more angry songs. It's obviously about fall and winter, saying goodbye to summer. Makes me think of Persephone.

And that would be Dan and I whispering, but it isn't mixed properly yet, so it sounds a bit odd.

Come said the wind to the leaves one day
Come to the meadow where we will all play
Put on your dresses of scarlet and gold
For the night grows long and the days grow cold
Night grows long and soon we shall all fall

1 comment:

Jessica Martiele said...

I had to play this a few times, not to assess it, but because it instantly appealed to me, and the first couple times I just enjoyed it rather than processing it.

I took an entirely different take on it than you did: it sounded like a cross between a music box, an ancient Celtic lullaby, and a mother mourning. It was haunting, gentle, and alluring, and I expected you to close with about a half-minute of wind blowing through wintery branches. THIS is what I would use to close the entire album. It's a sweet goodbye and a lullaby all rolled into one, and though it may lack the emotion of the first song, it has all the beauty and mystery of something far older than a world full of yesterdays.

Stunning.